GCC stands for Gulf Cooperation Council or Gulf Countries
The GCC is regional, inter-government political and economic union which has the following six-member Arab countries except Iraq:
Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman. Qatar, Saudi Arabia & United Arab Emirates
- GCC Charter was established – 25th May’1981
- Headquarter – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Official Language – Arabic
- All member states are Monarchies
- Constitutional monarchies – Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain
- Absolute monarchies – Saudi Arabia and Oman
- Federal monarchy – United Arab Emirates (includes 7-member states each having an absolute monarchy)
- Fastest growing economy in the world with nominal total GDP of $1.638 trillion
- Objectives of the GCC
- To have unity among the member states in terms of co-ordination, integration and interconnection to deepen and strengthen their relations.
- Similar regulations in trade, tourism, finance, economy, customs, administration, legislation etc.
- Have a unified military